Information about Establishment of Accreditation Affairs Section following Manager for Standards and industrial services
" Accreditation Affairs Section"
following Manager for Standatds & Industrial Services
Accreditation Affairs Section – Introduction:-
As a positive addition and step to the future. Accreditation Affairs Section had established as a new section in Public authority for Industry according to the minstrel decree No 1002/2013 dated 13/12/2013. It had established as an independent section following the Asst. Undersecretary Deputy General Manager for Standatds & Industrial Services. It is impartiall in its actions regarding to conformity assessment bodies on the level of Public Authority for Industry and on the level of State of Kuwait in field of accreditation.
The objectives of Accreditation Affairs Section is to plan, coordinate and follow up all the accreditation activities in State of Kuwait. In addition, its objective is to promote the confidence in the competency of conformity assessment bodies to ease the interchange of trade targeting at international recognition between all accreditation bodies. This will have the consequence of mutual recognition in the results of conformity assessment bodies. In addition, it is to promote the capability of State of Kuwait to participate effectively in the field of accreditation regionally and internationally.
Accreditation Affairs Section Responsibilities:
Accreditation Affairs Section is carrying out for the following responsibilities:-
- Coordinate and follow up all activities pertinent to accreditation. In addition, to be a link between other national, regional and international accreditation bodies and the conformity assessment bodies.
- Participate in preparing the required arrangements ensuring the accrediting of the bodies that have direct influence on health, and general safety in coordination with other related bodies.
- Supervision on planning for the training needs for assessors according to defined requirements to ensure their compliance for performing assessment on laboratories, inspection bodies and certification bodies.
- Supervision and controlling the implementation of the periodic assessment programs on accredited conformity assessment bodies.
- Taking required measures and arrangements against the violators of laws, regulations and criteria pertinent to accreditation requirements in accordance with the approved systems.
- Participating in studying the appeals and complains that received from conformity assessment bodies pertinent to accreditation decisions taken by accreditation bodies.
- Take all necessary procedures and activities to get the international recognition through signing MOUs and MLAs with related organizations.
- Participating in planning and implementing the proficiency testing programs for accredited laboratories and for laboratories seeking for accreditation.
- Supervising the preparation, developing and updating the requirements, the technical regulations, the guidance and specific criteria related to assessments activities and granting accreditation certificates to conformity assessment bodies including testing and calibration laboratories, inspection bodies, personnel certification, product certification, QMS certification according to the updated international standards and international practices.